Friday, January 15, 2021

2020 goals and NetGalley catch up

 I've been approved for many Netgalley books, I was sad and poor and reading lots so I decided to go trigger happy and apply for every book that peaked my interest even a sliver and then because I'm a mood reader...I read none of them.... sigh I did it to myself, so here I am catching up and my 2020 monthly goals is to read at least 2 books that I've got ARCs from each month. ARCs given in exchange for honest review

So far in January I've read, 

Life Lessons with Uramichi-Oniisan by Gaku Kuze This was a very fun manga, the story follows a group of audlts who are actors/characters in a young children's tv show. Uramichi is very cynical and you can just tell how beaten down he is. I laughed and cringed reading this, it was everything I feel as a failed adult even though I know there's no time limit to completing my goals and progressing/growing as a human 😓 Anyways I highly reccomend this series, I think it's fun and relatable.

and of course the best book so far this year, The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V. E Schwab I'm absolutely bewildered by this incredible story, it was beautiful. I can't believe a human wrote this, it was perfect and I just want to pick it up and read it again, immediately. The characters, the descriptions, the story were perfect. It's a slow burn that keeps burning even after you turn the last page. 





No comments:

Post a Comment